Monday, September 24, 2007

Day Two--The mama brain

Well I am on a roll...two days of blogging in a row. I now remember why I don't blog...I was up till midnight last night mindlessly blogging and surfing other blog sites. That makes for a super fun day since my Alex usually wakes between 6 and 6:30 AM!! Why he had to inherit his father's up-and-atom early morning genes I'll never know. Emma is much more civilized, like her momma, and prefers to wake at the decent hour of 8am. I spoke to my "blog-a-holic" hubby and he promised to help me make my site look spiffy ( pictures, links, lists etc). Right now it's all I can do to get some thoughts down on paper (I guess this really isn't paper is it).Here is today's thought---How do you turn off the mama brain?

I tried goign to bed at 10:40pm last night...only to have the mama brain begin churning at warp speed....will my kids ever eat vegetables, is Alex destined to bite little kids forever, how much milk do I have, clean the pantry, mop the floor, find the spider in the closet
that ran away from me yesterday, how many calories were in those mashed potatoes, did I line up a babysitter for Saturday, is my house clean enough for the YW Pres mtg on Monday, oh yeah---have you done any of the YW paperwork---Stake Standards Night is coming up...and on and on and on. Finally I just got out of bed and said to heck with sleep---and thus Blog post number one and this site were born. See what the mama brain let loose can do! How is it that my hubby can lie back in bed, take a deep breath and be asleep in 2 minutes? What does he know that I don't? Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep a kid journal. Mom did that for each of our 4 and they are the best, continuous record we have of them, right along with zillions of pictures. -DadD