Sunday, September 30, 2007

Women in the Bible

I attended Time Out for Women last week where Camille Fronk Olson gave a talk on women in the scriptures. She stated that there are 170 women named in the Bible. She spoke of a few----The daughters of Zolofahead (Numbers 27 & 36), the Shunamite(2 Kings 4), Abigail (1 Samuel 25) and midwives Shifrah & Pua (Exodus). I've decided that I want to find the other 165 plus. Anyone want to join me? I especially want to find those that are obscure...although how much more obscure can you get than the daughters on Zolofahead! FYI--I am going to find them by reading and not the easy way via the internet. Should be a long, rewarding journey.

1 comment:

Hallett Family said...

Why would I want to do this! I can't evan read my book club books let a lone bible!!!(j/k) I would love to join you.
Heather